ACTIVE SKINCARE: How to introduce Dermalist to your skin.
There is no denying that when we purchase our new skincare, we are ravenous to get that formulation onto our skin! We have researched, spoken to our skin therapists, looked up reviews and have become completely invested (financially and spiritually). We take our products home or wait for them to be delivered to our front door, and with carefully swift hands remove them from their packing placing them front row on our bathroom counter ready to for their skincare routine debut.
When the clock strikes, we are making our way into our bathroom and are ready to immerse ourselves into the full line of cosmeceutical products we have just invested in. We do this day in and day out for the next few days and then suddenly, our skin isn’t as radiant as it was in the beginning. We start to experience some tingling; redness surfaces and our skins barrier is slightly compromised.
This is a story of how active skincare may create an imbalance within your skin when introduced too fast into your routine.
Dermalist is known for treating the skin holistically with synergistically active formulas creating positive changes to all skin concerns. While all of our products contain a plethora of anti-inflammatories, our formulas consist of active doses of cosmeceuticals to enable the superior results we see and experience on our skin. It is with this in mind, that we are to introduce the Dermalist line of products slowly and easily; here’s how:
ULTRA HYDRATING LACTIC CLEANSER
- Use every second day for the first week of an evening after your first cleanse and slowly build up to using daily.
- Some skins may be able to use the Ultra Hydrating Lactic Cleanser morning and evening, other skins may be best suited to use as their daily evening cleanse. Monitor your skin as you use and always best to check in with your skin therapist as you progress.
ULTRA SMOOTHING FACIAL EXFOLIANT
- Use once a week.
- Within your first week, use on an alternate day to your cleanser.
- Use as a ‘mask’ for your first introduction.
- Slowly build to using the same day as your cleanser.
- Build to using as a physical exfoliant once to twice a week.
ALLSERUM™ SKIN PERFECTOR
- Week 1: Use half a pump and add into your moisturiser of an evening every 2-3 days.
- Week 2: Use half a pump and add into your moisturiser every day or every second day.
- Week 3: Use a full pump and apply to your skin layered underneath your moisturiser of an evening.
- Week 4: Use a full pump and apply to your skin layered underneath your moisturiser morning and evening.
- Cleanse morning and evening with Ultra Hydrating Lactic Cleanser
- Exfoliant once a week with Ultra Smoothing Facial Exfoliant
- Apply one full pump of the Skin Perfector AllSerum™ morning and evening. (You may find that all you need is an SPF over the top for the daytime as your skin has balanced itself with hydration. If you are on the drier side, feel free to layer with your moisturiser morning and evening).
While you are introducing Dermalist into your daily skincare routine, observe how your skin is responding and work with your skin along the way. Always check in with your skin therapist or alternatively reach out to our team here at Dermalist to support you with your skin.